An experienced team at your side
Pelton Wylie + Fahrney Engineering, Inc. is always looking for talented individuals to join the PW+F Team, to provide quality structural engineering services and to be a part of the continuing success and growth of the firm. Pelton Wylie + Fahrney has a casual and friendly office environment with relatively flexible work schedules. Because so much time is spent working together, PW+F fosters an atmosphere that is more than just “tolerable”.
The benefits package includes:
- 9 paid holidays plus paid personal and vacation time.
- 401-k retirement plan with employer matching.
- Employer sponsored health insurance.
- Opportunity for continuing education and career growth.
If you think you would make a good addition to our team and this sounds like the right kind of firm for you, please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.
“We know our primary strength is our great staff. They have helped us to grow and continue to provide quality structural engineering services. We could not have come this far without them.” – PW+F
We are currently seeking an individual with 0-4 years of engineering experience to join our office and assist with projects that include: timber, steel, masonry, and concrete design. Qualified applicants must have strong office communication skills and the ability to work independently. We are looking for someone that is efficient, a self-learner, honest, reliable, detail oriented and professional and courteous.
Responsibilities may include:
- Produce structural calculations for various projects to enable the lead structural engineer and / or the drafting staff to develop structural plans and details.
- Consult with the senior engineers in the office regarding difficult or unusual projects or portions of projects and / or to help select appropriate methods and techniques to approach the project.
- Exercise learned engineering judgement for design decisions for some aspects of a project with supervision and direct input from the project structural engineer for other parts as needed.
- Sketch engineering designs for project, coordinate with the project structural engineer to work with the drafting staff to create completed working details and drawings based on engineering fundamentals.
- Develop and validate computer models of complex structural systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Architectural, or Structural Engineering – Structural emphasis is preferred, but not required.
- E.I.T is required.
- Understanding of structural engineering fundamentals.
- Experience with RISA, Enercalc, and Microsoft Excel and Word is preferred, but not required.
- General knowledge of AutoCAD – 2014 edition and higher preferred, but not required.
- Applicant must be self-motivated and a team player willing to work with and be a part of our close-knit office.
This is a full-time position with benefits.